Saturday, February 11, 2012

Reconsidering body shape

This, by far, is the best series of articles on body shape I have ever come across. Using photographs of real people (as opposed to those stupid stylized graphics in magazine articles) as examples is FANTASTIC. Where has this been all my life?

Though I've always thought of myself as a pear, after obsessively studying these photos and measuring and re-measuring, I've realized that I am actually an X. A relatively wide X, given my height, which is probably why I've always seen "pear" in the mirror. (My measurements are 33-25-35, which are inches wider than most women of my height.)

It doesn't change a whole lot--my primary goals will still be de-emphasizing hips, defining the waist, trying to make my short legs look longer. But I'll be taking another look at pencil skirts, straight-leg pants, and other things I've always stayed away from.

1 comment:

  1. Such a useful article - thank you for linking to it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...