Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Random Ann Taylor thoughts

Update: If you are a size 6, 8, or 10, the Ann Taylor near Rockefeller Center had an entire row of navy blazers on sale for $39. I've seen H&M blazers priced higher than that! First world problem - the small sizes so often sell out first and rarely make it to that kind of price cut.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was at Ann Taylor today and noticed some aqua lagoon tweed skirts (as seen on Extra Petite) on the sale rack. They were marked at $19.88.

On the one hand, YAY SALE! That's a huge markdown, given that I think it originally retailed for $198.
On the other hand, I couldn't help but feel suspicious. I don't know much about the inner workings of the retail industry, but I doubt that Ann Taylor would sell things at a loss.
So either something was so unappealing about the skirts that they HAD to take a loss just to get rid of them, or the skirts really are worth less than twenty bucks and were just marked up outrageously.

...

I loved the colors, so I probably still would have bought one, but they didn't have my size. (Besides, I have no idea what I'd wear it with, besides white/cream/beige. Fashion uncreativity saves the budgeting day!) But from now on, I'm giving all the price-tags at Ann Taylor some major side-eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...