Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Wardrobe Inventory: Kenneth Cole Reaction Slip On By Flats

One day, I hobbled into De Janeiro for an emergency pair of flats when new pumps from a brand that shall remain unnamed were torturing my feet. These lovely, restoring flats were on the sale rack for $39.99 and so comfortable I floated out of the store. Over the next year, I wore them into the ground (their rubber soles don't really allow for easy re-soling, and anyway the uppers and inner lining were so worn and shredded it would have been embarrassing to take them to the cobbler), then I found another pair on Amazon. I am now in the process of wearing the second pair into the ground. I really might as well buy five pairs at this point and stock up so I never run out of these, ever.

Obviously their durability is nothing to write home about (it's not just the soles, the uppers also lose their shape pretty quickly), but the pewter color is so versatile, and they are probably the most comfortable shoes I own. No break-in period necessary. Size 6 is loose on me, which means these run big and wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...